On January 1st, 2022 I posted my goals for this year. Since it’s the last day of the year, it’s time to go through them and see how I did.
Black text is the original goal, grey text are goals not fully in my control and bold text is how I did.
Stand-Up (4.25 out of 6 accomplished)
- Write 20 new minutes of “album-worthy” material
Yes. I wrote more than 20 minutes of new, useable material
- Record and release my next comedy audio/video special
Yes. I recorded my next comedy special. The audio is done. The video is in final edits. It will be released March 31, 2023. This counts as complete.
- Do 300 live performances
Yes. I performed live 526 times, not counting the game show or virtual comedy
- Do my gameshow 20+ times (virtual or in-person)
Sorta. Did the game show 14 times, counting this as .75
- Perform at 50+ private events (virtual or in-person)
Sorta. Did 32 private events, counting this as .5
- Double my TikTok account to 500,000 followers and 20 million likes
No. Did not come close to doubling my TikTok account. I “only” added 17,000 followers and 1.2 million likes. Which somehow makes it feel like my account is on life support
Writing and Producing (2 out of 4 accomplished)
- Pitch our various TV projects to at least 5 networks/production companies
Yes pitched projects to five places
- Film, edit and release one short film/tv pilot that is at least 8 minutes in length
No. Did not create any long-form content
- Write one new script
- Create one new, full-fleshed out TV idea (with treatment and sizzle or a script)
Yes. Created multiple new treatments.
Learning (.5 out of 1 accomplished)
- Read 12 books
No. I read six books. Half credit.
Financials (0 out of 1 accomplished)
- Earn $60,000 of revenue from comedy/entertainment-related endeavors
My Top 3 Goals (2.75 out of 3 accomplished)
- Record and release my next comedy audio/video special Yes
- Do my gameshow 20+ times (virtual or in-person) 75%
- Pitch our various TV projects to at least 5 networks/production companies YesOverall notes: I’m pleased to have mostly accomplished my top 3 goals. I accomplished 6.75 out of 12 goals for the year. I fell most short in writing a new script (but did multiple treatments) and not releasing any long-form content (but released a bunch of short form videos). Of what I could control, I accomplished 3.5 out of 6 goals. So while not a perfect year, progress was made and experience was gained.
One Reply to “2022 Comedy Goals Revisited”