On January 1st, 2021 I posted my goals for this year. Since it’s the last day of the year, it’s time to go through them and see how I did.
Black text is the original goal and bold text is how I did.
Stand-Up (4.5 out of 5 accomplished)
- Write 20 new minutes of “album worthy” material
Yes. I wrote more than 20 minutes of material that is usable.
- Do 100 live performances (and actually enjoy being on stage each time)
Yes. I performed live 363 times
- Do my gameshow 20+ times (virtual or in-person)
Yes. Did the gameshow 22 times.
- Perform at 50+ private events (virtual or in-person)
- Double my TikTok account to 350,000 followers and 14 million likes (yes in the year 2021, this counts as standup)
Sorta. I got the account to 264,000 followers and 10.6 million likes – giving myself half credit for this.
Writing and Producing (2 out of 3 accomplished)
- Complete the TV version of the gameshow sizzle reel
Yes. Made a TV version gameshow sizzle reel.
- Pitch our newest scripted idea to 3+ networks/production companies
Sorta. Pitched to only one place. Giving myself 1/3 credit.
- Pitch our gameshow to 3+ networks/production companies
Sorta. Pitched to two places. Giving myself 2/3 credit.
Learning (1 out of 2 accomplished)
- Read 12 books
Mostly. Read 11 books, close enough.
- Take one class or self-learn one new creative software
Financials (0 of 1 accomplished)
- Earn $50,000 from entertainment-related business income
Misc (0 of 1 accomplished)
- Average weight under 180 pounds
My Top 3 Goals (2.5 out of 3 goals accomplished)
- Complete the TV version of the gameshow sizzle reel Yes
- Do my gameshow 20+ times (virtual or in-person) Yes
- Double my TikTok account to 350,000 followers and 14 million likes Half credit
Overall notes: Given the state of the world and the pandemic stuff, I’m shocked that I accomplished 7.5 out of 12 goals, and nearly all of my top 3 goals.