On January 1st, 2016 I posted my goals for this year. Since it’s the last day of the year, it’s time to go through them and see how I did. Black text is the original goal and bold text is how I did.
Performing (5 out of 8 accomplished)
- Perform 700 times this year: including 350 club spots and 20 college shows
Performed 678 times including 481 club spots and 4 college shows. While I came up short for college shows and a few shows short overall, I’m counting this as accomplished since I fully exceeded my club spot goal. For next year, I’m splitting the college shows into a separate goal.
- Headline (40+ minutes) 25 times
Headlined 7 times.
- Become a regular (at least twice a month) at one new comedy club
Became a regular at one new club.
- Do a stand-up set on TV
I filmed a set for season 3 of FOX Laughs at the end of September. (Still waiting for it to air.)
- Do a NACA Showcase
Did not do a NACA showcase
- Submit to 3 comedy festivals, perform in 1 comedy festival
Submitted to 4 comedy festivals plus a bunch of NACA showcases. Performed in 1 comedy festival (that I didn’t submit for).
- Go on 30 acting auditions
Went on 38 auditions
- Book at least one acting gig from an audition
Had some callbacks, but did not book any acting gigs from auditions.
Writing/Producing (3.5 out of 6 accomplished)
- Write for at least 15 minutes a day for 300 days this year
Wrote 334 days this year.
- Create 30 new minutes of material that I try on stage, turn 10 of those minutes into “A” jokes
Tried 30+ new minutes of material on stage this year, at least ten of them are “A” jokes (in September I did 50+ minutes of material that I didn’t record on my album the previous year).
- Write a packet for Last Week Tonight
Wrote the packet.
- Pitch my reality show sizzle reel to 5 production companies
Pitched multiple reels to multiple places, this is all currently still in process, so gonna count it as 50% completed.
- Get hired to write on a TV show
Did not get hired to write for TV show, although I’ve been writing more punch up this year than in previous years.
- Create and release 4 video sketches
Did not release any real video sketches. Although I put out one rap song that’s also a music video and did a bunch of editing for a friend’s videos.
Learning (0 out of 1 goals accomplished)
- Take one class
Did not take a class.
Financials (2 out of 3 goals accomplished)
- Earn $40,000 from entertainment related business income
Did not earn $40k.
- Get my new album in the iTunes or Amazon best selling charts
My new album was as high as #5 on Amazon.
- Sell 50 copies of my book after shows (does not count Amazon and B&N sales)
Sold 45 copies of my book after shows. Counting this as close enough.
Misc (0 out of 1 goals accomplished)
- Get and then keep my weight under 170 pounds
I got my weight under 170 pounds like 3 times all year.
Top 8 Goals (5.5 out of 8 accomplished)
- Perform 700 times this year: including 350 club spots and 20 college shows Yes
- Do a stand-up set on TV Yes
- Do a NACA Showcase No
- Create 30 new minutes of material that I try on stage, turn 10 of those minutes into “A” jokes Yes
- Write a packet for Last Week Tonight Yes
- Pitch my reality show sizzle reel to 5 production companies In process
- Get hired to write on a TV show No
- Get my album in the iTunes or Amazon best selling charts Yes
2 Replies to “2016 Goals Revisited”