On January 1st, 2017 I posted my goals for this year. Since it’s the last day of the year, it’s time to go through them and see how I did. Black text is the original goal and bold text is how I did.
Performing (2 out of 5 accomplished)
- Perform 650 times this year, including 400 club spots
Did 654 spots, including 485 club spots
- Perform at 10 college shows
Did not do 10 college shows.
- Do a stand-up set on TV that airs in its entirety (not a stand-up clip show)
Did not do a stand up set on TV that airs in its entirety.
- Go on 50 acting auditions, get 5 callbacks
Did fewer than 50 acting auditions and fewer than 5 callbacks
- Book at least one acting gig from an audition
Booked two acting gigs from auditions
Writing/Producing (1 out of 2 accomplished)
- Create 40 new minutes of material that I try on stage, turn 15 of those minutes into “A” jokes
- Sell a TV show and/or write for a TV show
Had many conversations with multiple production companies, but have yet to sell something.
Learning (2 of 2 accomplished)
- Take one acting class
Took two acting classes.
- Read 20 books
- Read 28 books
Financials (0 of 1 accomplished)
- Earn $40,000 from entertainment related business income
Did not earn $40,000
Misc (0 of 1 accomplished)
- Average weight 172 pounds or less
Average weight closer to 176 pounds
Top 4 Goals (Out of 11) (1 out of 4 accomplished)
- Do a stand-up set on TV that airs in its entirety (not a stand-up clip show) No
- Perform at 10 college shows No
- Create 40 new minutes of material that I try on stage, turn 15 of those minutes into “A” jokes Yes
- Sell a TV show and/or write for a TV show No