For the past five years, I set goals at the start of the year and then reviewed how I did at the end of the year [see 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009]. I feel like this is working for me, in the sense of helping me focus my time, so here go my goals for this year. I was able to have fewer goals this year (14 down from 21 last year) and then whittled down my top 6 (it was a top 3 last year, I don’t feel good about having this many, but all of them are important). If I nail these 6 goals, and don’t achieve a single one of the others, I’ll consider it a very good year.
– Perform in 450 comedy club shows, 100 bar shows and 100 open mics. And Emcee 100 of those spots.
– Write for at least 30 minutes a day for 300 days in the year
– Create 20 new minutes of usable material. Turn 5 of those 20 minutes into “A” material.
– Continue putting out the weekly podcast, get 10,000 downloads on the year
– Sell and publish my book idea (traditional or kick starter)
– Put out my new web series and get at least one episode to 100,000 views